Hidden from History:
The Canadian Holocaust
Some Questions to the Moderator and the General Council of The United Church of Canada:
1. How many aboriginal children died in United Church residential schools, and from what causes?
2. Where are the bodies of these children?
3. How many aboriginal women and men were sexually sterilized at United Church hospitals, especially the R.W. Large Memorial Hospital in Bella Bella, BC, and the Nanaimo Indian Hospital?
4. Why did the United Church provide aboriginal children from its residential schools as live test subjects in post-war drug-testing, radiation experiments and mind control programs, including in the CIA-operated Project Paperclip?
5. What are the names of the United Church officials who approved these sterilizations and experiments on native peoples, and under what authority?
6. What records of these sterilizations and experiments are held by the United Church?
7. Why, since at least 1960, has the United Church engaged in a joint cover-up with the government of Canada of these, and other crimes, committed in its residential schools?
(The Province, October 27, 1998)
8. What information does the church have about a native pedophile ring, associated with The Vancouver Club, which involves United Church clergy and lawyers, judges, and church-affiliated native leaders?
9. Why has the United Church profited in stolen native land by illegally selling Lot 363 of the Ahousat reserve on Vancouver Island to white businessmen connected to the church's financial benefactor, MacMillan-Bloedel / Weyerhauser?
10. What is the historical and financial relationship between MacMillan-Bloedel and the United Church?
11. Why were the two public critics of this land deal between the church and MacMillan-Bloedel, Chief Earl George of the Ahousat Nation and Reverend Kevin Annett, both driven from the United Church in the same period that the land was finally acquired by the company, in the new year of 1995?
12. Why were the expulsions of Chief George and Rev. Annett never voted on, debated or authorized by any delegated body of the United Church?
13. How much money was paid by the United Church to the lawyers who acted against Rev. Annett and Chief George: Jon Jessiman and Iain Benson? What is the total legal bill of the church since 1990?
14. Why did church officials Brian Thorpe and John Siebert secretly pay $14,000 to the Ahousat band council during 1994 and 1995 to exclude Chief George from talks concerning the secret theft of Lot 363?
15. Why has the United Church continually broken the law by violating the terms of its charitable status under The Income Tax Act, by channeling considerable revenue towards non-charitable purposes, such as legal fees, public relations expenses, and corporate investments?
16. Why has the United Church refused to accept its share of responsibility for the deaths of more than 50,000 native children in church-run residential schools across Canada, when its school Principals were the legal guardians of these children?
17. Why did seventeen United Church officers, including Moderator Bill Phipps, Brian Thorpe and others, ignore a Diplomatic Summons issued by a United Nations-affiliated Tribunal in June, 1998, and refuse to attend that Tribunal or answer the charges of complicity in genocide brought against them?
18. Now that the United Church of Canada and its officers have been found guilty in absentia of committing and concealing genocide against aboriginal peoples under the United Nation's 1948 Convention on Genocide, which Canada ratified in 1952, what steps are being taken by the church to comply with international law, and surrender all guilty persons and evidence to the judgement of the International Criminal Court?
Sources: The Canadian Press, the Archives of the Department of Indian Affairs (RG 10 series) and Justice Department, the Nuu-Chah-Nulth Tribal Council, and the sworn testimonies of 158 aboriginal survivors of church-run residential schools in Canada.
NOTE: Readers are warned that, under International Law and the Nuremburg Precedents of 1950, anyone who associates with, assists, or financially aids institutions which are implicated in Genocide, like the United Church of Canada, are considered accomplices in Crimes against Humanity, and are subject to international judgement.
The Truth Commission into Genocide in Canada